Image Map

Monday 15 July 2013

Snow fun and a new emergent reader.

It is Winter holidays here in Australia and now that I am living in Tasmania with the very chilly weather it means we get to indulge in a lot more Winter fun, including visits to the snow!


My family

My snow girlie



We took a trip to Mt Field National Park which was only an hour away from where we live and while there wasn't enough snow for skiing, there was plenty of snow for playing!  I am a bit worried about the emotional state of the snowman, looks a bit angry!
I also finished my next That Cat emergent reader on the weekend as well, this one focuses on sight words rather than a blend and also gives the opportunity to discuss questions and exclamation marks.




This file also includes a PowerPoint file to read the book as a whole class on an Interactive Whiteboard and a set of smaller books to send home or keep as a group for guided reading. There are some blank pages for students to make their own book or to make a class book as well as some extension activities.

Just click on the above pics to check it out in my store!
Hope you all have a great week.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! Please visit my blog to claim it. Just a fun way to link up.
    Alison
    hurrayforfdk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. P.S. I think I'm having a blonde moment...snow in Australia!?!? I just assumed it was always warm.

    Spotted in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kellie, we are in Winter here and if you look on a map the southern parts of Australia are quite low on the globe and Winter can be quite cold. I am living on the island state of Tasmania that is the lowest part of Aust. so we get really cold weather and snow up in the mountains. The Northern parts of Australia are always warm.
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Tania! I wish it would snow here!

    Alison

    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete