Image Map

Sunday 17 March 2013

How Pinteresting Teaching Time edition



Welcome again to an edition of How Pinteresting.  This week I have been focussing on teaching time in our maths lessons.  I don't know about you but every year I still have those kiddos who have trouble with telling time so I decided to turn to Pinterest for a few ideas, here is what I found!


peek a boo clock!

This is the activity we did in our room this week, I added labels such as quarter past and to, o'clock and half past as well as labelling the minutes and hours hand.  My kiddos loved it!  I even had a couple saying "oooohhhh, I get it now, they are 5 minutes!"

Teaching time

I definitely have to lable my classroom clock...this one is so cute!

Teaching Time-anchor chart connecting telling time to the quarter and half hour with fractions of a circle.

Great to have an anchor chart, I will make one next week and hang it near my new and cute flower clock!

fun way to teach time

and for the kinaesthetic learner!

Teaching Special Thinkers: Telling Time is EASY PEASY

This shows the 5 minute intervals as a block of  five one minutes

I hope you found some great ideas for teaching time, I know I have some fabulous review activities planned for the next couple of weeks now.

Have a great week all.



No comments:

Post a Comment